Top Shot Academy Classes
WIG-OUT - Women's Intro to Guns Outing
Prerequisite: Ladies only, no other experience is required.
Details: A chance to learn about firearms without all the macho baggage your husband, boyfriend or brothers bring with them. We know you love them, but sometimes it's more comfortable taking your first shots with the girls. In this class you'll learn about firearm safety, storage and basic nomenclature. We'll start you off with an extremely low recoil .22 caliber pistol, and work up at your own pace. By the end of the day you might just know more, and be a better shot than your husband or boyfriend. No former experience required, ammunition and firearms are provided for this class.
This 4 hour class will cover:
- Basics of firearm safety.
- Safe storage of firearms.
- Selecting a firearm that fits your needs and your hands
- Basic principles of marksmanship
- Stance, Grip, Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, Trigger Control
- Care, cleaning, loading, and unloading of a firearm
- Gun identification: revolver, semi-automatic, misc.
- Ammunition identification and selection
- Safety and cleaning protocols
- Cleaning equipment
- Loading and unloading firearms
- Taking your first shots on a live range under instructor supervision
We will provide all firearm and other equipment for the course. Absolutely no firearms or ammunition will be allowed in the classroom. Students may bring their own eye protection and/or ear protection for range use or purchase ear protection at Cabela's. As a special gift to all students, Cabela's will provide a free pair of shooting glasses (yes, to keep) and lunch.